Small Cat Carriers
Why do you need a small cat carrier?
A small cat carrier is a must-have cat travel accessory that ensures your cat's safety and well-being.
Luxury cat carriers provide cats a comfortable and safe space that lowers their anxiety levels, especially when traveling.
What are the main types of cat carriers?
There are different types of cat carriers. Below is an overview of the three main types of cat carriers.
- Cardboard carriers are not durable and cannot withstand a cat’s scratching. When it's raining cardboard carriers become spongy and cats can easily escape. Cardboard carriers are not approved for airline use.
- Soft-sided cat carriers are lighter, easier to carry, and clean. They are the most preferred type of carriers for small pets.
- Hard-sided cat carriers are very tough, durable, and heavy. Most hard-sided carriers do not fit under airline seats. Some hard carriers have a plastic mesh, while some have a steel mesh door.
Choosing the best cat carrier
The best cat carrier must be comfortable for you to carry and also comfortable for your cat to rest peacefully. We are here to help you find the best carrier for your cat. Let’s go through some things to consider when shopping for a cat carrier.
- Size - To find the best carrier for your cat you must check the size of the carrier to compare it to your cat. The cat should be able to stand, sit, and turn around with ease. If you are purchasing a carrier for a kitten, it’s important to anticipate the kitty’s adult size and not just buy the carrier that will become small too soon.
- Purpose - If you need a cat carrier for visits to the vet, make sure to pick the one that’s comfortable for your cat and convenient for you and the vet. For example, cat carriers that have a top opening can be very helpful for the vet to reach and examine your cat with ease.
- Openings and ventilation -You should choose a cat carrier with openings, preferably three. Cats like their privacy but they also want to see what’s going on outside, so they feel less threatened and scared. Aim for something comfortable and cozy with enough openings. You must also ensure that the cat carrier has adequate ventilation.
- Style and Quality - Although cat carriers should be comfortable, that doesn’t mean they shouldn’t be fashionable too! Remember, you are choosing the carrier for your cat and yourself. You can choose a carrier that is stylish like a handbag but so cozy for your pet too. Some cat carriers even have pockets that provide more room for cat treats.
At A Pet With Paws we provide stylish designer cat carriers that are made with denim and cruelty-free vegan leather. Explore and review our unique and environmentally friendly pet carriers.